This is my penultimate post in the blog, so I would like to do something different.
First of all I need to say that the Family Fun Day that we organized was great, in spite of the Irish weather! Kids really enjoyed the bouncy castles, all the circuits and games, as well as the workshops. Moreover, I have to say that I was delighted during the day. For me it was an opportunity to plan activities and carry out them. In my opinion the event was successful due to I could appreciate that the children with who I work were really having fun. So, thank you for that day!
Then, I should mention about the trips we have done, which were amazing! The first one with two EVS and with two friends from Barcelona. I really had a great time around Kerry! We could enjoy the sun so much that even we had a bath at the sea. And the landscapes were amazing, especially the Skelling Michael island, which was the most meaningful and different place. At the same time, some beaches and towns were very nice, as well as the Killarney National Park.
The second trip I have done was with my parents and sister. The best was to be all the family together travelling, as always. And it was perfect, because they could visit the most important landscapes and attractions of Ireland, but also very tired because we almost did 1900km by car! Therefore, it was a really nice time to disconnect, but at the same time to connect with them.
Now, there is just 1 month and a half left, which means 48 days!!!!! I can’t believe at all…but well, at this point I have two contradictory feelings: on one hand I want to arrive home, be with my people, enjoy the weather…But at the same time I don’t want that this experience finishes. Here I have discovered lots of things about Ireland, people, the life and myself…
1. We always want what we don’t have.
2. Nothing is black or white, there are many shades of grey. And it’s true, if you think clearly.
3. All is relative, and time will show us. Fortunately, I have experienced situations that I couldn’t understand, and now I do.
4. When you give without the intention of receive, you will be surprised receiving.
5. Love yourself, you are the only person who is going to be with you forever.
6. Do more things of what makes you happy.
7. Nothing is impossible… like doing a Spanish plate in Ireland which is like a tomato soup. (I have discovered as well that I love cooking and try different and new recipes) Here it is the recipe:
1kg of plum tomatoes with skin
200gr of telera’s bread (which is similar like country style bread)
100 gr of extra virgin olive oil
A clove of garlic
A pinch of salt
A can of roast peppers (We do that at home)
What to do next?
Simple! Put them in a blender and mix them. Serve it cool with some pieces of dry-cured ham and a boiled egg. Enjoy!!!
See you in some days to say the final goodbye!